The perfect Warehouse Management System to complement Sage Enterprise Management
Datalinx is an advanced warehouse management system for Sage Enterprise Management. Suited to manufacturers and wholesale distributors with one or multiple warehouses and sites Datalinx for Sage Enterprise Management utilises radio frequency (RF) warehouse management technology that streamlines warehouse activities and helps reduce warehousing costs. Datalinx performs four primary warehouse functions – receiving and put away, picking and packing, shipping and inventory control.
Datalinx Paperless environment
Datalinx for Sage Enterprise Management focuses on real-time inventory management and order execution, intelligently administering all warehouse functions by directing operators through their tasks on user friendly hand held terminals and via touch screens and by managing optimal material flow throughout the warehouse. The system manages both full RF work order picking for production, as well as picking for sales orders of finished goods
Below are a few functionality highlights that Datalinx for Sage Enterprise Management offers:
Product reception and Put Away
Datalinx for Sage Enterprise Management's RF-based solution automates inventory receipt and put away processes.
Tightly integrated within the Sage Enterprise Management Purchase Orders module, Datalinx for Sage Enterprise Management eliminates receiving errors and short-shipments by matching the receipt of goods (through barcoding technologies) with the original purchase order details while reporting any variance.
With the hand held terminal, the stock file is instantly updated with quantities and the location across multiple bins is recorded.
Datalinx for Sage Enterprise Management receipt and put away effectively moves received goods from the dock into the warehouse and the right location, storing these items efficiently in reserve or pick bins.
As a result, companies can facilitate timely and accurate order fulfilment by creating an optimised order-picking environment for warehouse staff.
Other key receiving and put away benefits include
- • The ability of warehouse managers to assign multiple employees to the receipt and put away of a large inbound shipment, while multiple receipts can be simultaneously checked-in by a single employee
- • Elimination of the introduction of transcript errors
- • The ability to capture important information on items such as weight, size, expiration date and other key details
- • Configuration settings that allow the setting of default or multiple locations throughout the warehouse to accelerate the put-away process
- • Automated update of purchase orders and inventory information into the Sage Enterprise Management accounting system, eliminating manual intervention and errors to provide accurate and up-to-date inventory control information
Picking and Packing
Datalinx for Sage Enterprise Management offers an efficient, feature-rich picking and packing solution to allow warehouse staff to focus their efforts primarily on fulfilling customer orders. With the RF-based barcoding technology and seamless integration within the Order Entry module, Datalinx for Sage Enterprise Management securely and succinctly orchestrates all activities within the warehouse, helping to maximise human resources.
Other key picking and packing benefits include –
- • Fulfilment following order receipt is simplified, as Datalinx for Sage Enterprise Management matches available stock to the order
- • Staff are equipped with RF-based handheld computers, given explicit direction for every picking order, including verification of ‘picks’ by reading barcodes to confirm the product selected, the shipping carton in which it is placed and the quantity required
- • Staff are able to pick multiple orders during a single ‘walk through’ of the warehouse
- • The automatic generation of shipping labels, guidance of staff towards the most efficient sequences and serial number and lot tracking rapidly improve the speed and accuracy of picking, ensuring orders are filled and customers have greater satisfaction
- • Advanced kitting functionalities direct the assembly of kits on demand and allows Datalinx for Sage Enterprise Management to manage multiple inventory items as a single-unit
Shipping requires great attention to detail, as mistakes can cause great expense to all parties involved, and can often lead to the loss of a client, legal disputes and fines. Datalinx for Sage Enterprise Management ) eliminates shipping errors through a streamlined shipping solution that:
- • Produces packing slips, carton content labels and shipping labels before the carton is packed
- • Automatic calculation of shipping weight and software to keep track of cartons for an order
- • Offers companies the ability to shop for the best shipping rate to potentially save thousands of dollars annually, when integrated into a multi-carrier shipping system
- • Is able to generate the required labels for hazardous materials and custom requirements, packing slips and generate Advanced Shipping Notifications (ASNs)
Datalinx for Sage Enterprise Management provides accurate and immediate information on the quantity, location, condition, status and history of any item in the warehouse at any time – eliminating transcription errors throughout the warehouse operations process. Fully integrated within Sage Enterprise Management, Datalinx ensures complete control and flow of information between the back office and warehouse floor, while a browser-based interface provides the ability to generate reports and track inventory movement across the enterprise.
Other key inventory control benefits include
- • Increased productivity and saving on labour costs through complete inventory control management that averts pickers being sent to an empty bin
- • Enhanced effectiveness of Web store operations and overall customer service through fast-paced, up-to-the-minute inventory control
- • The support of FIFO (first in, first out), LIFO (last in, last out) and FEFO (first expire, first out) stock rotation, serialised inventory and lot and expiration date tracking