Sage Enterprise Management (EM) is suitable for enterprises operating in the construction space who need a comprehensive end to end business system especially when the enterprise consists of multiple legal entities dealing with complex projects. Enterprise Management Construction is a good fit for non-traditional construction industries such as airplane, commercial vessel, and maritime construction projects. It isn’t a good fit for a single home builder but is suitable for large scale housing developers. The Enterprise Management Construction system is also suitable for enterprises involved in building Infrastructure (Highway, roadwork, water works, gas lines etc.) and civil engineering.
The addition of SAWSOFT software to the Sage EM system creates an industry specific solution similar to the Sage Real Estate and Construction system (Timberline) but on a Web native modern platform.
The business profile for Enterprise Management Construction is ideally fewer than 75 projects p.a., and annual revenue of £15 M GBP p.a. and greater. FTE count isn’t a good indicator of a company’s suitability to use Enterprise Management Construction but project management maturity is. Companies employing Project Managers, Project Schedulers, and Construction Managers in distinct roles are more likely to obtain value from an investment in Enterprise Management Construct.
Some of the typical business pains a Sage Enterprise Management Construction system addresses are
- • Loss / risk mitigation
- • Cross-project financial / risk analysis
- • Visibility to what is happening on the project, what is impacting your schedule and cost
- • Change / Variation management including costs and substantiation
- • Earned Value metrics and calculations
- • Claim management and substantiation
- • Document approval tracking and distribution
- • Accurate capture of real job costs
- • Accurate tracking and substantiation of deliverables and milestones
- • Integration with estimating and bid management
- • Construction project management
- • Project WBS visualization with drill down
- • Project costing and financial management
- • Stock and purchasing management
- • Contract and sub-contract management
- • Document management
- • Timesheet tracking
- • Treasury and cash flow management
- • Integrated HR and payroll
- • Project analytics and industry KPIs