Sage announced the release of Sage X3 PU 8 at the USA conference held in New Orleans in late July. Sage X3 PU8.2 is primarily focused on extending manufacturing functionality. Some of the new capabilities are as follows.
- Improved Allergens tracking
- Improved Weigh scales capabilities
- Improved attachment management
- Introduction of customer use by date requirements
- Gantt scheduler improvements
- Extended customer use by date functionality aimed at process manufacturers and distributors
- Colour coding on inventory status
Some other technical and functional additions include easier screen customizations; advanced security options for trusted and untrusted modes and remember me URL login options. There are also a host of small improvements across the product such as an inter-company journal import template, improved payment proposal options and expanded controls across sales credit notes and purchasing.
Sage has also announced that they will now release Sage X3 updates on a 6 month cycle. PU9 (January 2016 ETA) will focus on extending functionality in the following areas.
- Project Job Cost,
- Landed Costs,
- Social Sentiment gauges
- Bill of lading functionality
- Enhanced manufacturing change control
PU10 (July 2016 ETA) focus will be on:
- Manufacturing Project job costing
- Professional Services Automations
- A new mobile user interface
Additionally Sage ANZ are working on a number of localizations
- GST reports improvements
- MicrOpay Payroll integration
- Withholding tax report
- Low value asset pool